YMCA Trinity Group has 30 years’ experience in providing mental health services to young people. In response to demand, and in consultation with Paragon Teaching school, we are running the following programme.
Introduction to Mental Health
Delegates will be given a brief introduction to mental health, what happens during therapy and strategies you can use in your setting. You will, therefore, feel better equipped and confident to offer solutions and identify those that need support.
- To consider how children with mental health difficulties present
- To have an understanding of how a child can develop a mental health condition
- To understand what impact a mental health condition can have on a child’s ability to learn
- What you, as their teachers, can do to help them and yourselves
- Update you, as teachers, about the structure and condition of the child and adolescent mental health services
Venue: Phoenix Upper School. PE2 5QA
Date: 2nd May 2018
Time: 1.00pm - 3.00pm