National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH)
“Great practical advice, ensuring a good start when you take on a headship.”
This course is no longer taking place at Hampton Hargate Primary School. Please check the new location and dates on Leadership East's website as detailed below and contact them for further support.
PROGRAMME COST: FREE!
The National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH) is well-established as the first choice qualification for anyone aspiring to be a headteacher or principal, and has been redesigned to produce an outstanding generation of school and academy leaders. NPQH follows a leadership curriculum based on Masters level criteria and focuses on developing the knowledge, skills and attributes of a successful headteacher.
We intend to offer these National Programmes with Leadership East, who are awaiting the announcement with regards to final accreditation.
What is the NPQH programme?
- To achieve the NPQH qualification, you’ll need to successfully complete three essential and two elective modules involving extended case studies and related in-school assignments with a stronger focus on leading teaching, behaviour and performance management.
- It provides you with a credible, valid and reliable final assessment report to support governing body interview panels and give you the competitive edge when applying for headships.
- It has been designed in collaboration with some of the country’s leading headteachers and academics to give balance between academic rigour and applied leadership.
- The flexible modular structure combines core elements with the freedom to specialise or develop your own areas of professional interest.
- The in-school placement combines a whole-school strategic leadership task with the opportunity to work alongside an experienced headteacher in a different context.
CLUSTER CODE: NPQH5-COS-PARA1
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY, PLEASE GO TO : http://leadershipeast.org/