NEW OFSTED FRAMEWORK
SLEs are currently focussing on Ofsted's Draft Education Inspection Framework. Our intention is to share how schools are approaching the curriculum indicators.
Click on the highlighted text below to view Ofsted's draft inspection framework:
Below is the list of curriculum indicators that apply to us. Click here to download the list.
Based on this list we need to ask ourselves certain questions.
How do we:
- decide what skills will be delivered in each key stage/year group?
- develop schemes that show concepts built over time?
- check that planning has been implemented?
- inform the headteacher and senior staff of what is implemented and its impact?
- check and monitor the implementation of the curriculum?
- have a systematic approach?
- measure progression across the key stages?
- use assessment as an integral part of our practice to identify gaps in knowledge and misconceptions in pupil learning?
- inform the headteacher and senior staff about curriculum strengths and next steps for our subject?